She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. Proverbs 31:25

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Random Stuff

I am privileged to join a wonderful Women's Bible Study Group based on the book New Eve. We are in session three chapters four and five and it is truly amazing. I have been aspiring to be a Proverbs 31 woman and this study just ties all that together. I must admit that I have been lonely the last few months and feeling restless. I realize that once I place my focus on God and put him first He will provide all my needs, including a lifelong companion if He so chooses. He might just have plans for me to raise Mason and serve him....I personally would love to have a companion, but I am leaving it in his hands. I am not a very patient person and I have a tendency to take charge, so this waiting around is hard.

I am so very blessed. I sit here in my own place and think about all the blessings I have. When I decided to move back to Sabine County, I put in a two weeks notice and moved Mason and I in with my parents. I knew I wanted Mason to go to school where I knew the people and where I felt comfortable. My intentions at first was to try substitute at the school and go back to school. Well, I did NOT get to substitute (sad to say I think they did not recognize my married name so passed me by) and had to start looking for a job. I was very fortunate to get hired with the City of Center. I started February 1, 2010. I have been so blessed with great management and awesome coworkers. I started looking for something for Mason and I buy and move on our land, when I was GIVEN a two bedroom trailer. Blessings upon blessings! It is an older trailer but it is just right for Mason and I. Dad fixed a few holes in the floors and we moved in. Ah, it was nice having my own place again. Then at the beginning of summer 2011 a tree fell right in the middle, Praise the Lord (PTL for future reference) it happened while we were not home. So we moved back in with Mom and Dad and with the summer being extremely hot we put off fixing the roof. Dad had made a temporary roof to cover the big whole until he was able to fix the rest. At the beginning of 2012 Dad just started working on it and he had it fixed in ONE WEEKEND! Literally, he started working on it on a Friday and it was ready to be moved in by Sunday! How amazing is my Dad?!?!?! Again, I was blessed, with one not having to pay someone to fix it, the only things I actually had to buy was 8 sheets of plywood and tin for the roof! Again, I stand amazed at how well God blesses me, even when I stray He is right here beside me. Mason and I have been back in our house for two weeks now, we are getting into a routine again. It is beginning to look like a home, I still have some painting that needs to be finished and would REALLY REALLY like to get a different stove, but we are functioning and grateful for what we have.

There was a lot of decisions I made this go around, one of them being that we only needed on TV in the house, I do not watch a lot of TV anymore, so we just kept Mason's little TV in his room and he can watch Netflix through his X Box. It has been wonderful. When we sit down to eat, read or do homework we do not have even have the temptation in front of us to turn on. I truly believe some of the best times is sitting down and eating dinner with your child and discussing their day. I also made the decision to do Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, I have to start saving. I have learned just in the last couple of weeks since I have been tracking my spending...I am a compulsive shopper. I am really praying for the Lord to help me in this area so I can teach Mason to save and not to spend. I also subscribed to P31 magazine through Proverbs 31 Ministries and the daily emails I get are phenomenal. Hmm...oh yes I am the Cub Master for Pack 166! Mason absolutely LOVES it. I am praying for my leadership skills to be good and for God to guide me in this endeavor. I am pretty sure I have rambled on enough for one day. This really is just a random blog with my thoughts going from here to there.

I hope everyone has had a blessed weekend! I get to be off tomorrow PAID, so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment