She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. Proverbs 31:25

Thursday, November 29, 2012

God's Plan or My Desire?

As I was reading emails I came across one that really opened my eyes this morning. In fact, so much so I needed to jot a few thoughts down. I subscribe to Proverbs 31 Ministries daily devotions and they are wonderful! Today's was about manipulation. Manipulate, now that is a word I am not fond of.  According to good ole Webster the one definition is to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage, OUCH. As I was reading I began to wonder have a I manipulated certain areas of my life to suit me and not God? Have I truly given myself to Him and allowed myself to trust His will completely? I realized that I have indeed been manipulating my life to what I want and not what God might want for me. I have had struggles and I have had hard times, but I am blessed with a God who sees me through these times and I come back stronger. I am in the midst of change and with the new year always new hope and new beginnings. Through the Proverbs 31 Ministries I found a group of women who call themselves Good Morning Girls and they do online Bible Studies and currently it is focused on the Christmas season. Keeping Our Hearts Focused on Jesus not only during this very special season but all year long. My ultimate goal this year is to stop manipulating. I need to release the control that I feel I need over my life and others in it. I need to enjoy what is going on around me and not what I think should be going on. I need to set aside my own wants and trust the He has a plan for me and it far better than anything I can ever even imagine.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

www.goodmorninggirls.org
http://www.proverbs31.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment