I have recently started a new Bible Study, and by recently I mean last week. It is an online Bible study through Proverbs 31 Ministries. I have been an email subscriber for a few years and "committed" to a few online Bible studies but never followed through. The current study is What Happens when Women Say Yes to God, by Lysa TerKeurst. I have been ignoring two things that God has been urging me to do. I have struggled with getting back into church, even though God has been telling me to start going to my home church. I love my home church, it is well, home. I have been pushing this nagging feeling back and just doing what I want to do. Well, last week I gave in and went to church, Mason enjoyed Sunday school, I am not the new nursery teacher and I felt so much better, a peace came over me. The second thing that I have felt the urge to do is get away from Facebook. Am I obsessed with it? No, not really. But, I am constantly checking my news feed to see what is going on. What drama is being talked about, how is engaged, who is pregnant. I must admit, I have a lot of friends and family either getting married or having babies. Am I happy for them? Yes. It is an amazingly wonderful time in their lives. Does it make me happy? Yes. There is truly no greater joy than holding your baby in your arms for the first time. Am I jealous? Absolutely. Let's face it, I am not getting younger (shocking, I know) and I feel as if my life is passing me by. I want that special person in my life, I want to have at least one more baby (this from the gal who did not anticipate ever having babies). I found that while I was happy for my friends and family, I was sad for myself. I was feeling sorry for myself. God has been urging me to get away, put it away, remove the temptation. I resisted. I resisted a lot until today. Today, I took the Facebook apps off my iPhone and iPad. The only way I can access Facebook is through my laptop and well if I am on my laptop I am doing homework and so that time is slotted in furthering my education. So, today I have decided to disconnect from Facebook. I personally will not get on Facebook for a month. One whole month of not being updated with everyone's lives, I won't see new pictures, or be reminded of birthdays. But, I will be doing what God is telling me to. I have decided to say Yes to God. My, blog (this blog) is connected to my page so if you are reading this, then I welcome you into my new journey of saying Yes to God and no to what I want. Learning to stop and hear what He wants me to do and not what I want to do. I heard a song from Casting Crowns on the way home and it was spot on with what I have been reading lately. The name of the song is Slow Fade. "The journey from you mind to your hands is shorter than you're thinking. Be careful if you think you stand, you just might be sinking " How many times do we think we are ok, that our lives are just fine the way they are? Are we really ok? For me the answer was no. There is something missing. In order to fill that empty spot, I have to stop doing what I want and saying Yes to God. Seeking what He wants for me, finding out what He has planned for my life.
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13
No comments:
Post a Comment