She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. Proverbs 31:25

Monday, April 23, 2012

A Confident Heart

Wow, it has been a month since I have written anything! I have fallen off the wagon so the speak :(. I started doing things that I wanted to do, not listening to common sense and just having fun, not caring about the consequences. There is so much that I want to do. I just can't seem to find the time. I have come to realize that I can't do everything all the time. I am coming to terms with myself that I will have to disappoint some people by saying no to their requests. This is very hard for me to wrap my mind around. I want to be dependable, I want to please everyone, but I am learning that when I do everything then I miss out on important Mason time. I have to start scheduling my days better.

I started the online Bible Study A Confident Heart with Renee Swope this morning. I woke up an hour earlier so I can start my day with His word. I am praying that by the end of this study it will be a habit to spend quiet time with him every morning to help jump start my day. So, please pray for me as I get back on the right track. Today's God's Promises Prayer is:

Lord, I pray that You would give me a confident heart in Christ. Take me beyond believing in You to truly believing You. Help me rely on the power of Your promises and live like they are true. You say blesses is the one who trusts in You and whose hope and confidence are found in You. Those who hope in you will not be disappointed, because You work all things together for good for those who love You and are called according to Your purpose. 


When self-doubt tells me I can't overcome my insecurities, I will believe Your promise that all things are possible to whoever believes. I will not throw away my confidence, because You say it will be richly rewarded. I will persevere so that when I have done the will of God, I will receive what You have promised. My confidence is in Christ and I am no longer one who shrinks back and is destroyed, but one who believes and is saved!


This prayer hit home because I NEED a confident heart. I am filled with so much self doubt about myself. I really need to work on believing God has a plan and purpose for me and trusting that it will come in His time and at His will.

Happy Monday Friends and I look forward to sharing this journey with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment